The Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority Of Zimbabwe (Potraz) has been running without a board for many months now but it seems minister of ICT hon Kazembe Kazembe has finally made up his decision.
The board comprises of six members, two of whom are old members who still had their tenure running, while the other four members are purely new to the board.
Here are the names of the current POTRAZ board members;
- Dr Nobert Mugwagwa, Operations advisor at World Bank, who also is a Mentor and coordinate HD Teams South Africa in planning, implementing and managing Bank funded and supported HD programs in East, Central and Southern Africa. He also seats in the Presidential Advisory Committee. He is a researcher and publisher of 24 thesis.
- Mathews Kunaka Chairperson of the Zimbabwe’s Woman’s bank is an experienced Chief Executive Officer of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe. With a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Budgeting, Business Planning, Internal Audit, Risk Management, and Analytical Skills. He once worked for Zimpapers, Fiscorp Private Limited, Integrity Asset Managers Private Limited, Able City Private Limited and Independent Media Investment Holdings (IMG) in the same capacity.
- Dr Charity Kadungure Former Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ), Exchange Control Division Deputy Director, has extensive banking experience having worked for the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe for over twenty five years. She has broad experience in the drafting of the various Exchange Control Statutory Instruments, policy formulation and implementation, training, research, statistical analysis of both the country’s imports and exports. She has also worked extensively in Exchange Control on analysis and registration of service contracts as well as investments analysis.
- Tinashe Robin Tanyanyiwa (Head of Litigation, Banking & Financial Services Law. Tinashe has five (5) years practice experience. Tinashe is the holder of a Bachelor of Laws with Honours Degree obtained from the University of Zimbabwe. He is a registered legal practitioner, conveyancer and notary public.
- Fradson Shavi returns to Potraz from the last board, he is director technical under the Office Of President and Cabinet.
- Doreen Sibanda was also in the past board, She the Executive Director of the National Gallery of Zimbabwe.