Connect with us

Techunzipped NewsNews – Techunzipped news offers the latest Zimbabwe Technology news, Daily Technology News in Zimbabwe, news online, South Africa Technology News, technology news as well as international breaking news

Government To Pay 53% Of ZIMSEC Fees To Students In Public Schools


Government To Pay 53% Of ZIMSEC Fees To Students In Public Schools

Primary and Secondary Education Minister, Cain Mathema has announced new exam fees for grade 7, ‘O’ and  ‘A’ level with part of it paid by the government for students in government schools, local authority schools and non profit mission schools.

In a statement yesterday, Minister Mathema said government will pay 53% of fees to students while their parents will pay the remaining 47%.

“I would now like to advice all parents and guardians with children in grade 7, ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level that, in 2020, government will be contributing 53 percent of the examination fees for candidates in public schools while parents and gurdians will take up to 47 percent.

“All candidates from private schools and colleges at grade 7, ‘O’ and ‘A’levels will meet the full cost of the examination fees.” He said.

Grade 7 candidates will now pay $264 dollars with government contributing $139 to the amount.

‘O’ levels will now pay $90 per subject with government contributing $100 to the total cost.

And ‘A’ levels will pay $165 per subject whilst the government will contribute $186 of the total amount of $351.

Yeukai is an ambitious and passionate journalist. She enjoys writing and reading about technology and has made it her number one priority. She has been practicing journalism for 5 years now. In her journey as a writer, she has written three novels so far.

More in elearning

To Top