Iphone 13 Improvements Is A Big Letdown And Offers Current Iphone Owners Little Incentive To Trade Up
For the more than 1 billion iPhone enthusiasts around the world, no product unveiling is more anticipated than Apple Inc.’s annual reveal of its newest lineup of smartphones. Except for maybe this time.
Apple introduced four iPhone 13 models with some minor enhancements, including a faster processor, better camera, longer battery life and nicer displays. The design is similar to 2020’s phones, other than a smaller notch for the front-facing camera on top of the screen, and they start at the same price points. The two Pro phones will also have a higher-quality video-recording feature and a smoother-scrolling display that updates more frequently, along with the ability to expand storage to 1 terabyte double the capacity of the biggest option last year.
The Company released four new iPhones, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro max.
iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini:
- Both run Apple’s new A15 Bionic chip. It’s got a six-core CPU (two high-performance cores, four high efficiency), a four-core GPU and big improvements to the neural engine that Apple taps for on-device machine learning.
- A “ceramic shield front,” which Apple says is tougher than any other smartphone’s glass.
- IP68 water resistance.
- 28% brighter display.
- iPhone 13 comes in at 6.1″, while iPhone 13 mini will be 5.4″.
- A wild new “Cinematic” mode that uses machine learning for tricks like auto-shifting the camera’s focus when one on-screen speaker looks at someone behind them.
- The 64 GB model has finally been retired, with the base models coming with 128 GB of storage.
- Apple says the iPhone 13 mini’s battery life has been improved by an hour and a half, while most iPhone 13 users will get two and half more hours per charge.
- iPhone 13 will start at $799, while iPhone 13 mini starts at $699.
iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max:
- It’s getting that new “ceramic shield front,” along with an upgrade to A15, here with a five-core GPU.
- As rumored, it’ll get a display that can adjust its refresh rate up to 120 hz for super-smooth movement/scrolling.
- It’s got three cameras on the back: a telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom, an ultrawide and a wide-angle. Night Mode will now play friendly with all three cameras (including the telephoto lens, which previously didn’t support it).
- It’ll come in two sizes: 6.1″ (Pro) and 6.7″ (Pro Max).
- For those who just can’t seem to get enough storage space, they’re introducing 1 TB models!
- Pro starts at $999, Pro Max starts at $1099. Pre-orders start September 17, shipping September 24.
|NETWORK||Technology||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G|
|LAUNCH||Announced||2021, September 14|
|Status||Coming soon. Exp. release 2021, September 24|
|BODY||Dimensions||146.7 x 71.5 x 7.7 mm (5.78 x 2.81 x 0.30 in)|
|Weight||174 g (6.14 oz)|
|Build||Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame|
|SIM||Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins)
Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
|DISPLAY||Type||Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 800 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak)|
|Size||6.1 inches, 90.2 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1170 x 2532 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~460 ppi density)|
|Protection||Scratch-resistant ceramic glass, oleophobic coating|
|Wide color gamut
|Chipset||Apple A15 Bionic (5 nm)|
|CPU||Hexa-core (2 + 4)|
|GPU||Apple GPU (4-core graphics)|
|Internal||128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 512GB 6GB RAM|
|MAIN CAMERA||Dual||12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1.7µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift stabilization (IBIS)
12 MP, f/2.4, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide)
|Features||Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama)|
|Video||4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to XXfps), stereo sound rec.|
|SELFIE CAMERA||Dual||12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide), 1/3.6″
SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
|Video||4K@24/25/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS|
|SOUND||Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|COMMS||WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS|
|USB||Lightning, USB 2.0|
|FEATURES||Sensors||Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer|
|Siri natural language commands and dictation
Ultra Wideband (UWB) support
|Charging||Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
USB Power Delivery 2.0
MagSafe wireless charging 15W
Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 7.5W
|Stand-by||Up to 19 h (multimedia)|
|Music play||Up to 75 h|
|MISC||Colors||Starlight, Midnight, Blue, Pink, Red|
|Price||About 900 EUR|
Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.