Scores of Mozambique government websites were targeted in a cyberattack, the attach happed on Monday forcing the government to take the system offline for several hours.
Senior government official responsible for electronic communications systems Herminio Jasse described the attack as “web defacement type”, and a local private-run news website, Carta de Mozambique, said the webpages had been replaced by images associated with the jihadists.
“Portals that publish information for public consumption were attacked,” Herminio Jasse, told reporters.
“After the attack we immediately shut down the server. This created some concern from people trying to access the sites,” he said.